Friday, November 30, 2012

The Penderwicks



Could you imagine having four sisters and on summer vacation for four weeks! There are going to be some crazy things going on. That’s exactly how the Penderwick sisters spent their summer vacation. 

     The story starts when the sisters cannot find a place to go on summer vacation until their father snatches up an awesome deal for a cottage in the Berkshire Mountains, Massachusetts.  When I said crazy things happen I mean it. It goes all the way form almost setting the house on fire to someone going to a military academy.  There’s even a bull fight! You’d have to be very brave to survive this family.

      You have no idea how awesome this book was. Honestly this book has to be in my top 10 favorites. It’s a funny, sad, nail biting book. I have to say my favorite part was when the second sister, Skye, tells off their snooty neighbor Mrs. Tifton because she’s talking bad about her dead mother. Talk about a temper.

 So, if that’s what you look for you can find it at Hastings, Joseph Beth, probably even your local library. The Penderwicks is a great book and I give it 5 paws! 

      Also if you like this book then there are two more in the series. They’re called, The Penderwicks on Gardam Street and, The Penderwicks at Point Mouette.   

Hope you enjoy!
Bye!     

Posted by: Cookie Monster



8 comments:

  1. WOW,Cookie Monster! What a great book review! I love your engaging lead, the way you support your opinion and GREAT voice! This is a great book and I'm glad you enjoyed it! Way to go!
    Mrs. Cook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you can read it somtime!

      Delete
  2. cookie monster, this really makes me want to read this book. I love how you told about some of the story but not all of it, it really made me want to read about what happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really gald you liked it. Hope you get a chance to read it!

      Delete
  3. I have read this book, it's one of my favorites. There is a second book about this family, have you read it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I just finished it. I want to read the third one too.

      Delete
  4. i thought it was a good book too.
    [bryce]

    ReplyDelete