Friday, April 27, 2012

How to Create a Blog

Hello my Neipchens!
Mrs. Isaacs here, and I wanted to explain how to make your own blog. We can work on the blogs at school, but, unfortunately, the firewall won't let me create blogs, and so below you'll find step-by-step instructions on making your blog.

If you are still confused and need help, bring me your email address and password. I'll take it home, and create a default blog and then we can work on the design of it at school. If you create a blog at home, please make sure that you know your URL, email address, and password so you can get on it at school to change things around. I'm working on a scroll widget with all of your blogs, so we must have a grab button for everyone and all the blogs set up before summer starts! :-)

How to create your own blog:
Make a gmail email address.
Click on the "Create a Blog" button on the top right corner of this blog. There you will be taken to
a page that looks like this:

That will take you to a page that looks like this:
  
The final step creates the blog. Remember, we need your URL, your email address and password in order to work on it here at school!

Comment if you have a question, and I'll comment back when I check!

Have fun, and remember, your voice matters!

8 comments:

  1. How did you make those fonts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I go there it shows the things my mom wrote there,what do I do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ProGamingNetwork,
    What fonts are we talking about? I made the pictures above my screen shotting them (using the Prt Sc Sys Rq button at the top of the keyboard) and then saving them as a jpeg. From there, I went into Image Composer and put the fonts on the picture, saved it to desktop and voila! There you go! Not sure if Image Composer is still on the market, but you can do the same thing in paint.

    Coins,
    When you go where? Did you make a fresh gmail account? If so, and your mom's info is still there, log out of gmail, and then log back in with your account. You shouldn't have any information there if you've made an account that's specifically for the blog. If it doesn't work, don't sweat it. Bring your gmail and password to school and come see me before 8:00. We'll figure something out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you make another page like you did with Battle Of The Books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's what you do.
      Go to your dashboard look on the left column (where it says overview, pages, comments, stats etc.). Click on pages. Toward the top there's a "create new page". A drop down menu will appear that says "new page" or "web address". If you wanted to directly link your youtube channel to your website click on the web address and put in the URL that goes directly to your channel. This creates a direct page to your youtube account. If you want to create a blank page that looks like our book blog page, click create new page. What will pop up is a page that looks like a big blog post. You don't have to worry about the page settings (on the right). Put whatever you want on the page and click save.

      One other thing. After you've created your page, go back to the pages tab on your dashboard. Toward the top there's a dropdown menu called "show pages as". Make sure that you click on "top tabs". That will put your links at the top just like this blog. Side tabs are less visible because they are on your sidebar, and don't show means your readers can only get to the page with a link, so it won't show up at all.

      Hope this helps, and if you're still having trouble come see me on Monday!

      Delete
  5. Is it possible to change the header on a differant page? If it is how?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Headers are part of the original HTML programming. While I believe it is possible to change the header, I've never tried it before. I know you can do it on wordpress (which is a different blog site) by creating a static page for your home page, but I'm not sure if you can do it on blogger. I'll do a bit of research and see :-D

    On the upside, if you want, you can post a pic at the top of the page post that will serve as a second header. I know it's not what you're looking for, but it is a great plan B. Come see me on Monday and we'll chat!

    ReplyDelete